Join us as we journey through the chakra system and 12-steps exploring their meaning in our lives and to help us deepen our recovery, gaining even more helpful tools for our spiritual tool kit.
The Chakras and how they affect our lives
- The base chakra is where we begin our journey and is where we hold our issues of survival, security including family of origin. Through focused discussion and yoga practice we begin to reconnect to the earth and strengthen our foundations.
- The sacral chakra is where we explore issues of sexuality, intimacy, pleasure and addiction. We will begin to reset our relationship habits, set up a personal intention, flowing and growing into healthier relationships, including with ourselves.
- The power chakra is where we explore issues of self esteem, victimhood, manipulation (both ours and other peoples) – how do we get what we want in our lives? What behaviour patterns do we resort to? Here we begin to open ourselves to a new confidence that brings us into alignment with our true purpose.
- The heart chakra is where we explore what blocks us in being loving or being loved. Can we love deeply without losing ourselves? Can we have compassion without pain? Here we begin to soften the heart to allow compassion, empathy and love to flourish.
- The throat chakra is where we explore issues of communication. Can you truly communicate what is going on inside you without your heart racing? Do you find your throat clams up with unsaid words or do you have to raise your voice to be heard? Can you listen to people without butting in? Or do you just let people speak all over you? Here we begin to find our voice and even our ears thus opening up to the deep truth that resides in each of us.
- The third eye where we explore our intuition, our imagination, our vision. Do you suffer from delusional thinking? Are you so engrossed in your own story that you are unable to see another’s perspective? Here we begin to shift as we open up to the process of recognising these habits of the mind and instead open to our deep intuition. Knowing when we should act or remain still, becoming in-touch with the signals and sensations of the body – the gut reaction, the hairs on the body etc – learning to tune into ourselves when we have a strong feeling that something isn’t right.
- The crown chakra is where we explore our connection with something greater than our small selves and the stories we get lost in. Here having moved through all the chakras we are able to deepen our connection through awareness and meditation.
£360 (405 EUR) for shared accommodation or £560 (630 EUR) single.
We try to keep our prices as low as we can so that we remain inclusive, and in return we ask everyone help a little with the washing up. We also offer one concessionary place when available.
What is included in the price?
- 7 nights shared accommodation in a roomy bell tent (or for an extra charge you can have your own)
- 13 yoga classes (Kundalini, hatha and yin are all yoga practices that will be taught)
- Yoga nidra
- Sound baths including the gong. This is an opportunity for deep healing, as we allow the vibration of sound to heal us as it travels through the body (don’t worry all clothes remain on!)
- 2 x trips out to local beaches (optional)
- 1 half day trip out to a local open AA meeting (optional)
- brunch, snacks and dinner (all vegetarian) – except for those going on the trip to the AA meeting, when you will need to purchase your own dinner.
If you are on a food program we can offer you facilities to make and store your food
We will have two 12-step meetings at Rural Escapes Portugal during the week. Sometimes we have more meetings when the individual guests have spontaneously held additional meetings on the beach or at the retreat venue.
What is not included?
- Airport transfers – 90 minute journey each way (we can arrange this for you for 40 euros for a return journey in a people transporter shared with other guests)
To book we ask for a £100 non-refundable deposit to hold your place and request *50% of the total payment which has to be paid 3 months prior to the retreat and the balance to be paid in full 6 weeks before the retreat (*Please note that although the 50% deposit is non-refundable this amount excluding £100 can in special circumstances be used toward another retreat here at Rural Escapes Portugal)
The retreat will be led by Camilla. For more information about Camilla click here. There will be a guest yoga teacher for some afternoon classes, we cannot guarantee that they will be in the fellowship, however we will do our best to find someone who is or find someone who has an interest in yoga as a therapeutic tool.
For more information about Rural Escapes Portugal click here
Please contact Camilla for more information at email@example.com